Volunteering at TreborthAnyone is welcome to volunteer at Treborth. You don't need any experience and there are many different areas you may be able to work in. At present our volunteers:
* Maintain the flower borders - weeding and thinning
* Mow the lawn areas
* Strim areas where unwelcome plants, especially brambles, are invading
* Work in the greenhouses raising seedlings and cuttings
* Maintain databases of books, moths etc.
* Label plants, and maintain the plant database
* Raise plants for plant sales
* Water and maintain greenhouse plants
* Provide specialist care of orchids.
* Help map the garden
* Organise and support student work-parties
* Manage compost and re-cycling
* Maintain equipment
* Provide admin and financial support
* Help produce publications including the Newsletter
* Support plant-sales including making cakes and preserves.
There is always plenty of support and guidance to help any volunteer become confident in carrying out whatever work they are involved in. Some work such as strimming, use of chainsaws, and orchid cultivation require specialist levels of skill, and formal training and certification may be required.
As a volunteer at Treborth you are one of a very diverse and interesting group of people from all walks of life and with very wide ranging interests and skills. Our ages run from 18 to more than 80 . It is a great team to be in. Volunteering also provides an opportunity use some leisure time helping to make one of Bangor's few public open spaces, better, more welcoming and more interesting for the whole local community. Many volunteers also delight in developing new skills, gaining new knowledge, especially about plants, wildlife and horticulture.
Volunteers work on Wednesdays and Friday from 10.00 am to 4 pm Please bring your own lunch. Tea and coffee are provided. On your first visit, please ask for Rosie or Natalie who will be happy to to welcome you.